The National Museum of the American Sailor strives to present visitors with the story of the American sailor from the earliest days of the U.S. Navy to the present.
Traditional, technological, and interactive exhibits will intertwine to deliver an influential and educational visitor experience of the broad history, contributions, and impact of the American Enlisted Sailor. Exhibits will be organized into topic areas that may include:
- History and Role of the U.S. Navy
- U.S. Naval Training - From Civilian To Sailor (to include the story of Naval Station Great Lakes)
- The Enlisted American Sailor, Past & Present
- Honor, Courage, Commitment - Valor During Adversity
- In Their Own Words - The Enlisted Sailors' Story
- Future of the American Sailor
Navy: Together We Served is for all U.S. Navy Sailors who served or who are currently serving. You will find shipmates you served with, view their service profiles and photographs, and create a visual record of your military service you can share.
Naval History and Heritage Command's Navy Art Collection includes over 20,000 paintings, prints, drawings, and engravings consisting of naval ships, personnel, and actions from all eras of U.S. naval history.